4D Sports Driving / Stunts - Jahrescontest 2020

• (Incidentally, the laps I have driven here were all done with 1991 Stunts, while you all were likely using 1990 4D Driving. While I don't think I really benefited from it -- looking at the maps, there were no sharp drops in the tracks I raced, and AFAIK that's the only performance advantage of 1991 Stunts over 1990 4D Driving -- I won't complain at all if you choose to disqualify me from those three races for using the wrong version of the game.)

I have news on that front, and they aren't great for me... :Face

Since I wasn't entirely at ease with the explanation I had given you, I started doing some tests comparing the two versions. While most aspects of the car behaviour are exactly the same in both versions, much to my shock I found that left turns -- but not right turns -- are noticeably easier with 1991 Stunts 8| Though left corners feeling easier to drive has long been part of the folklore, I had absolutely no idea the difference had to do with game versions, and seemingly those who did version comparison experiments in the past never quite got to connect the dots. As for how much of an advantage that might have meant, at the very least I'd say it could easily cover the 0.9 second gap I had to Cpl. Rex Barkin back in June.

I guess, then, that you should disqualify me from the June, July and November rounds (cc oerk). Sorry for the mess!

Back to the current round... I usually wait for a little while before posting laps for competition tracks I have designed, as I enjoy watching people finding their way through them. Since we are halfway through the month, though, I might as well kick-start things. As you can verify by watching the video to the end (or by loading the RPL file in the game), this time I have used the 1990 4D Driving game version, as I should :)

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• As for how much of an advantage that might have meant, at the very least I'd say it could easily cover the 0.9 second gap I had to Cpl. Rex Barkin back in June.

I guess, then, that you should disqualify me from the June, July and November rounds (cc oerk). Sorry for the mess!

Nah, I doubt it would've changed that much, except for the June round. I'll let Cpl. Rex Barkin decide on that one.

• Und damit wären wir am Ende des diesjährigen Contest angelangt!

Gratulation an struuunz für einen souveränen 1. Platz!

Duplode an den Sieg bei allen Rennen, die er mitgefahren ist, und damit einen soliden 3. Platz!

Cpl. Rex Barkin, den wir dieses Jahr etwas vermisst haben, auf dem 4. Platz.

Knapp dahinter Jigo auf dem 5.

Beckenrand-Schwimmer und Flea-Market auf 6 und 7.

Da die Beteiligung und offensichtlich die Begeisterung dafür stark nachgelassen hat, werde ich eine Pause einlegen, bevor der Contest neu aufgelegt wird.

• Thank you folks for giving my track a fair shot, even if it didn't get the best reviews :D Congratulations struuunz for the title, and kudos to oerk and all of you for making this competition happen. Twenty-two races over two seasons is a nice run already; hopefully it will be extended in the future :)

(As we wait, a shameless plug: ZakStunts 2021 is already running, and its first race goes on until Saturday. I feel y'all would enjoy -- and do well at! -- our GAR scoreboard, in which we race under traditional rules very similar to the ones we have been using here.)

As promised, I have attached the DOSReloaded.de directory that will be included in the ZakStunts Competition Archive, whose updated version I plan to release next week. Please let me know if you have any additional winning RPL files in saved in your computers, or generally if I have forgotten to include or mention anything.

• Hi,

ich hatte im Dezember mein IBM Model M wieder in Betrieb genommen und war dadurch wieder in der Lage vernünftig Stunts zu spielen. Genauer hatte ich es "damals" im Vorstellungsthread niedergeschrieben. Ich bin dann auch die Dezemberstrecke relativ erfolgreich gefahren, aber hatte es vergessen hier hochzuladen. Jetzt dachte ich schaue ich hier nochmal rein und stelle fest, daß der Wettbewerb pausiert ist.

Wurden hier bisher immer nur kurze Strecken gefahren o. kämen für zukünftige Wettbewerbe auch lange Strecken in Frage? Die meiner Meinung nach besten, die ich gebaut habe, sind jedenfalls alle lang und kommen damit je nach Fahrzeug auf über 10 Minuten Fahrzeit.

• I'm a Champignon :Banana ... Oder wie man so sagt :bump

Ja also der Contest kommt schon wieder. Strecken die langer als 3 Minuten sind, können extrem frustrieren. Da fährt man ewig und in der letzten Kurve zerlegt es einen... 10 Minuten gefahren. Das macht man 3 Mal und hat dann keinen Bock mehr.

Bei kurzen Strecken kann man auch Mal fix ein zwei Versuche starten, auch wenn man nicht so viel Zeit hat.

In der Kürze liegt oft die Würze.

• Ja stimmt schon. Bin gerade ne Stunde gefahren, erst die JAN21 Strecke und dann eine damals von einem Kumpel gebaute Strecke, auf der ich nach 12:39 Minuten Fahrzeit verunfallt bin.

Aber beim Sichten habe ich doch auch einige von mir gebaute Strecken gefunden, die kürzer sind. Ist schon witzig, die uralten Konstruktionen mal wieder zu sehen.

• Ach ja, wie siehts denn eigentlich aus?

Ich bin durchaus an einer Fortsetzung interessiert, aber nur wenn entsprechendes Interesse besteht.

Wenn ihr Vorschläge habt, was am Format zu ändern, immer her damit!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!