Guten Tag, ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber nicht viel.

• Hello there.
    I am not a native speaker but I learned a bit of German in school. I'm not very good with spelling German words so I'll stick with English but feel free to reply to any of my posts in German if you want to.

So I'm fairly new to tinkering with retro PC's, I started with this project on Vogons.

I have browsed DOSreloaded in the past but I decided to join to post about a USB to Serial mouse adapter that I've been working on.
    Just to bring some awareness to it I guess.

Other than that:
    I'm from Ireland, I always liked tinkering with tech and I've been soldering for maybe half of my life at this point, getting a temperature controlled iron only recently.
    Always had an interest in older hardware and despite my age, my first PC ran DOS with win 95/98 on top (I don't remember which one)

:thumbup:
    Danke!

Be Happy, it's only going to get worse.

• Welcome!

Don't sorry about speaking english: if everything fails, there is always Google translator 8)

But anyhow I really appreciate that you also try to learn german, which is a difficult task by itself.

Enjoy yourself in this forum.

Daily Driver: MSI X470 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 7 1700 - 32 GB - Geforce GTX 1060 6GB - 1 TB NVMe SSD - 2 x 1 TB Raid-0 SATA

Projekt #1: ASI 486-33 - Projekt #2: PC Chips M912 486 VLB - Projekt #3: Biostar MB8500TVX-A Pentium MMX 166 - Projekt #4: ASUS TXP4 K6-III 400 - Projekt #5: Gigabyte GA-6BXDS Dual Slot 1 PIII-650 -

Projekt #6: ASUS P2B-DS Dual Slot 1 PIII-1000 - Projekt #7: Gigabyte GA-6VXD7 Dual Sockel 370 PIII-1000 - Projekt #8: TYAN S2505T Dual Tualatin 1400

• A very nice introduction!

If you're interested, the are also various solutions around for Serial to PS/2 or USB mice:

Hrzl_wlkmn

• Thanks for pointing them out.

I have found them already. Scorps project helped me figure out how the serial packet are structured and Aviancer's project helped me fix a silly issue I was running into.
    I started my project I learned of Aviancers one.

:thumbup:

Danke!

• Hi,

Hrzl_wlkmn

i already designed PCB Design for it and have all parts laying around as i told on Vogons.

But was still to lazy to try it out :)

I guess with the shorter days now and autumn rushing in i will show it off in few weeks.

i still have a vast amount of halfway finished projects :S :S

its quiete messy around here currently with some personal things..

совок

• Hallo

Just to clarify, I am not Aviancer.
    My USB to Serial mouse is a different project that started before I found out about Aviancer's project.

Danke.

• I think with the increasing number of international members we need a english version off this smily

Hrzl_wlkmn

Btw very beautiful avatar!

386SX- 20 Mhz "Erster eigener Rechner!2" NoName Komponenten

486DX -30 "Industrie PC" auf Steckkarte

Super Sockel 7 Gigabyte GA-5AA 3Dfx Voodoo 3500 TV

AMD "Geode" ebenfalls Steckkarte für Backplane

3x IBM Netvista 8364 "ThinRetroSystem" 1-2 von denen würde ich tauschen...

"und noch so einiges mehr... "

• I think with the increasing number of international members we need a english version off this smily

Hrzl_wlkmn

Btw very beautiful avatar!

Danke für das Kompliment

I'm going to try to use some spots of German in posts just put in that effort. (Unless it's really cringe for German natives.)

• Unless it's really cringe for German natives.

This might be the same with my english for someone who growed up up with the english language...

• Welcome to the Forum. And thanks for shring your project
    I am sure we'll all do well making sense of each other as long as we don't switch to gaelic. ;)

"Das Alte oder das Moderne zu schätzen ist leicht, aber das Obsolete schätzen zu wissen ist der Triumph des echten Geschmacks." (Nicholás Gómez Dávila)

• Welcome to the Forum. And thanks for shring your project
    I am sure we'll all do well making sense of each other as long as we don't switch to gaelic. ;)

An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas?

извинитье, я не понимаю. ;)

"Das Alte oder das Moderne zu schätzen ist leicht, aber das Obsolete schätzen zu wissen ist der Triumph des echten Geschmacks." (Nicholás Gómez Dávila)

• Jetzt ist aber gut mit den Badezimmer Geschichten :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Welcome! Ireland is a very beautiful country which I've experienced once some time ago (Dublin, Galway, Limerick) :)

Have fun in our forums!

sláinte!

IBM 5150, 512kb, 20 MB HDD, HGC&OAK VGA, IBM 5151

Compaq Deskpro XE466, 20 MB Ram, SCSI, ESS 1868, ArGUS

Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus Crosshair VIII, 32 GB RAM DDR4-3600, RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 980Pro 1TB, 970Evo 500GB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!