I have been working on a USB to Serial Mouse adapter using a Pi Pico as the MCU. The original thread I made on Vogons can be found here for full details.
- 25%/50%/75% Mouse XY Tracking Speeds.
- Two Button/Three Button/Wheel mouse support.
- 7N1/7N2 Serial (this idea came from a comment in Scorps PS/2 to serial project)
- Hot swapping the USB mouse. No need to restart anything if you want to use a different USB mouse or if usb connection is lost.
- KVM's are not supported yet. TinyUSB panics when it's connected to a KVM and I'm still trying to figure out why.
- Open Source Code, not much of a feature but here is the GitHub repo.
Pläne für die Zukunft:
- PCB, I have a general shape in mind for the PCB but the point below is still up in the air.
- PS/2 support. I'm not entirely sure about supporting both USB and PS/2 mice but I do plan on exploring an implementation when I have a chance.
- Sell a few ready made adapters, if the interest is there I'd be happy to make a small batch of ready made boards.
Again check the Vogons thread for full details!
I'm posting this here to try to bring some awareness to this project and hopefully get some feedback. My ears are open and I'd love to hear what you have to say about this project.
Have a few pictures.