looking for a portable laptop for DOS games

• Hi everyone,

I've been searching everywhere but there is not enough demand that my questions are easily answerable with a google search.

I am currently looking for a netbook or notebook that is preferably 13.3" and UNDER $300 that can run DOSbox with most <2000 games. I will be traveling a bit in March and throughout the summer and waiting around in airports or long flights are a drag. Mobile games just don't entertain me enough.

I have been searching thinkpads, dells, acers, everything. But I have no source to go to that compares what processors are the best for DOSbox. RAM and hardrive space isn't much of a priority for me.

If anybody has a better source I can go to or knows from hands on experience PLEASE let me know. I will keep this tab open for about a week before I purchase something as I have a flight in about three weeks.

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about21374.html

infographic video

• Hello

Search a Lenovo X201 Laptop in Ebay.
    Cost ~$200.- and is good enough for dos gaming.
    the Processor is a dualcore I5 with 2,5Ghz and ram is mostly 4gb of it.
    with a SSD is this Laptop a very fast "nice part of high tec"

dosbox, winuae, PSX and other software, with this Type you never get Problems in Gaming.

I hopy i can Help You !

greetings from Germany

• So, as I understand.
    You are on the search for a modern laptop computer (windows 7 and up) capable of running DOSBox (and maybye other emulators - PCem)
    and a decent battery capacity.

As far as I know DOSbox isn't that hardware demanding for todays standards.
    Any laptop with a i3 or equiv. , used or new, would be perfectly capable for your tasks.

"Ein Klavier hat kein Vergaser!"
    - H.J. Preil

• As far as I know DOSbox isn't that hardware demanding for todays standards.

Even my measly nine and a half year old Macbook (Core 2 Duo T8300) can run DOSbox without any problems.

• Even my XP Retro Pentium M Singlecore laptop with 1,7GHz is fast enough for DOS box and GUI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!