Beiträge von Duplode

Hello everyone! The Audi is truly a wonderful car -- and a well-suited one to wintry conditions!

Given the clarification, both my laps are invalid; the updated scoreboard is below. Thanks struuunz for the clarification, and generally for keeping this lovely competition running :)

Okay, it was a big challenge, but I got to lower our record a little bit!

I verified this lap in the way described a few posts ago, BTW. You can check it as well with the attached replay.

You better stay on the road for a valid time. :saint:

Here's the rule I have been applying for that (all of my replays, including the earlier 1:38.25, were checked in this way):

• There must be visual contact between car and track when looking from above (centered F3 camera, default zoom). The car in that GIF would be at the absolute limit of what is acceptable, as the left side of the car is still in visual contact with the track.
    • Red-white kerbs, brown delimiters on hill slopes and other such things do not count as part of the track.
    • No tolerance anywhere, so fully leaving the track is an infraction even on fast chicanes.

The advantage of the visual contact rule over a perhaps more intuitive "one wheel on or over the track" one is that it is can be verified consistently -- between the design of some cars and graphical glitches, it is sometimes impossible to see where the wheels are. Also, if no tolerance is given, requiring more than visual contact (say, four wheels on the track) would lead to an extremely high failure rate on places like fast chicanes and loop exits, which are already easy enough to get wrong by centimeters as it is.

struuunz : I'd be okay with switching to a different interpretation of the rules, if need be.

(quietschende Reifen gibt ein GIF leider nicht her)

Delightful drifting! :D

Here goes my opening lap for February. We'll need to learn the track well to get good times this month!

Deadline day! I'm now under 2:06, but there's still a long way to go... I'll try to have a final session in the evening. Good move with changing the points system, by the way! :)

I hate the jump/bridge *grrrr*

Es scheint ja nicht direkt an der gefahrenen Geschwindigkeit beim Absprung zu liegen, ob der, zugegeben langsame, Lambo LM-002 mit der Nase sofort abtaucht oder eben den Sprung schafft. Bug?

Yeah, there's some random (or better, chaotic) fluctuation in jump distances generally, so in a jump like this, which is right on the edge of what's possible, you're at the mercy of the gods, as Cpl. Rex Barkin puts it. Taking the jump right at the edge of the track, next to the ramp wall, *might* increase the survival odds a bit.

Hi again! The year isn't quite over yet, and so there's still time for a little improvement ;)

Hello everyone! Happy to see the contest is going strong, and glad to have made it here in time for the current season! :)

Here goes the updated scoreboard with my lap: