Beiträge von Rarkhaan

It's amazing what's possible with the ACSI-interface. Even if it's just a SCSI derivate :)

Fully agree, the way SuperCharger was smart and technically elegant.

You can connect up to 6 x SuperCharger to only one ATARI ST. Each SuperCharger is independent and can execute its own MS DOS instance and program you need to run on. The only limitation is the shared storage but with modern drive using SD card latency and read/write speed is not really an issue.

Beta Systems does also provide API to be able to use the SuperCharger as a compute node for the ATARI ST.

SuperCharger can also be used as a ram drive providing additional 512Kb up to 1Mb reset proof volatile storage.

Does the PC Expansion have any Connectors for additional Pheripials ?

Accessible from outside of the enclosure only 2 x ACSI connectors (in and out) and power connector

Inside probably but sadly with no details regarding pinout, see inside enclosure picture at the bottom of this page: https://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/supch_e.htm

I've discussed with the author of this page but no info on his side too. An upgrade to a 286 CPU was planned thanks to a daughter board which was never released. (https://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/splus_e.htm)

Agree but was fun to be able to switch from ATARI GEM to PC DOS to Mac Finder (thanks to Spectre GCR) on a single computer

Running games like Load Runner within each environment is just fun :p

Sadly Atari ST does not provide a full LPT Port equivalent to the PC

OPL2LPT and OPL3LPT is not compatible with my configuration as far as I understand lacking PIN 16 (OPL2LPT) and PIN 17 when considering OPL2LPT

Just tried CVX4 (Covox Speech) yesterday with the Atari only and it works great. First try with SuperCharger -> Atari ST -> Printer port -> CVX4 was unable to work => no audio output from a DOS game

Hi All

First of all, sorry to write in English but I did not practice German since my youngest years.

I am living in France and thanks to browser embedded translation feature I've just discovered this forum.

I do not really own a vintage PC, in fact I am using an ATARI ST with an external hardware PC emulator module. (Supercharger from Beta Systems)

This piece of hardware provide an full 8088 with 1Mb of RAM and rely on the ATARI ST hardware when considering display rendering and COM/LPT ports.

Sadly it does not provide sound at all.

That's why I discovered this forum thanks to the following topic: Disney Soundsource Clone - DOS-Reloaded.DE Edition

I hope to be able to enjoy sounds in games thanks to this piece of hardware along with a Covox SP.

Thanks!